10.03.2008

If She's a Princess, Then I am the Queen, Right?

My oldest son, about 16 at the time, once said to me, "She's acting like a brat, why did you start this whole princess thing anyways?"

Funny thing is, I never did tell Naomi that she was a princess. She told me she was. I don't recall when, I don't recall how she came to the conclusion, she just seems to of always thought so.

Then there came this long running joke between Naomi and Wes. He would find her tiaras and put one on his head proclaiming, "I'm the princess!" They would go back and forth, snatching it from the other to place on their own heads. One year for Wes' birthday Naomi got him his own tiara so he could stop taking hers. I have a picture of him after he rolled back on the floor in laughter. She got him good.


Just as amazing as it would be for a commoner like myself to truly give birth to a princess, I was amazed and in awe that Naomi was mine to take home with me from the hospital. I remember the first few months of her life, just holding her and staring at her and wondering how she came from my belly. My first three children were mine without a doubt, I never had that feeling with them. But her hair... so very blond, her eyes so very blue. Her nose looked so delicately placed on her face. I loved her and was amazed by her and didn't know how she was connected to me or Gary, but I wasn't looking any gift horse's in the mouth. She was a keeper.



Happy 10th Birthday (tomorrow) Naomi!!!!



A few of my favorite photo's of my birthday girl.

Blessing day in a red dress.


Baptized by her big brother



My absolute favorite!






Bring it!








80's Ward dance







Shirt made by yours truly for her 100th day of school. She picked 100 ice creams.


I could never! But she's tough like that.


I can always count on her to model something for my blog and do it fabulously



Her and heels. To this day she cracks me up, she'll wear heels while playing rough and tumble outside.



We are off today to celebrate General Conference and a birthday with family.


~~~~~~~~~~


I just learned that I've been tagged by my wittle baby sister Anitra (a first for me). She says,"you go to your fourth photo file, and post the fourth picture from that file." (easy enough)


So here is mine-


Or not.


It's Nolan's. An efy picture.

Now I am to tag 4 people.


I pick Beth and Carrie and Sherena and Molly!


4 comments:

Misty said...

What sweet pictures! I'm Misty and I found you reading NieNiedialouges. Thanks for sharing your favorite blog. I, too, wanted to be an actress and feel the very same way you do..."just give me direction, someone!!" or "if I had a script, I could express to you how I feel"
I do feel like I'm pretending to be a mother... not so much that...but this homemaker thing. THe cooking thing...the laundry thing. I'm not good at it. I'm not crafty. I'm just me. My kids love me just being me. I'll take that over any applause anytime! :)

I am LoW said...

Thanks Misty! It's so nice to know I am not alone in this! :-D

dar said...

happy b-day naomi!!!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Sweet tribute. Love the post title best, Queenie, girl. It is logical, after all. My favorite photo was the one with the snorkle mask.