9.24.2008

To Love Love- revisited

I love love. I talked about here before.
And what comes with love? Hearts.
So I also love hearts.
Once upon a time (I think we are talking 10-13 years ago) as I was doing some redecorating in my home, my younger sister Tamara expressed her dislike for hearts. I never told her this because I am the oldest, the big sister, I am suppose to influence her and not her me. However I immediately started feeling very very silly about hearts and I decided that I must dislike them too because she said they were tacky. And I got rid of them.
Since when did I start listening to her? I was suppose to be the leader in this sister relationship!
So I went a little while thinking I disliked hearts.
But then I realized, nooooo- I love hearts. Like, a lot. And so I am happy to report they are back.
Zoe made this in kindergarten and I just had to frame it and put it in my room.
And over mine and Gary's bed is a collection of hearts.

Gary made our (totally awesome) headboard, too bad you can't really see it in the picture.

But isn't it funny how we can let others influence us? Be it a family member or friend, or even an interior designer from TV or something we read. They state "rules" on designing.

How about if I like it, I put it in my house?

Is that okay?

I mean, I am the one that has to live with it! What do they care?

Of course.... the family has to live with it too.

Case and point- this favorite spot of mine that I shared with you all-


(which my friend Sherena commented "where did you get the bench?" Because I got it from her. I think, if I remember correctly, I walked into her house and saw it and said, OHmylands! I love your bench, I've always wanted one, can I have yours??!?!" And she gave it to me. Am I right? Is that how it happened, Sherena??)

I digress...

This favorite spot of mine boggles my kids mind. Gary included. And one friend was bold enough to say so herself, "I don't like that kind of "art", said she. They love the bench but aren't fans of the painting. They call it The Mars Painting.

And they want me to paint a alien on it.


And I almost did, then I remembered that I love hearts but not so much aliens.

And I love orange and I love simplicity sometimes and I love that spot. And so everyone else is just gonna have to love it too.

And maybe they should love love while they are at it!

I'm just sayin'.

P.S. Know how people all the time write "I heart whatever" instead

of love? Well I am not a fan of that and let me tell you why. I used to

leave Gary notes and I'd write 'I (insert heart here) you' at the end. It was

like an abbreviation. But he would never read the heart as love, never.

He'd always read it "I heart you" and it would make me so irritated

because he knew what I meant! So why do people write out "heart"?


2 comments:

dar said...

I could use simplicity

Anonymous said...

The bench ~ yeah pretty much but don't forget the part where I told you we could drive down into Savannah to that old church where I found mine and get one for you too. Then when we got there, they were all gone. That is when I said you could just have mine. Because you were so bummed and I felt so bad for you. Then we made the drive back to my house and had to load that thing (it was MUCH longer then) in my truck and haul it to your house. Fun day!