9.23.2008

A Recipe from Aunt Lula Mae

Aunt Lula Mae has only shared two recipes with me. Her Mac and Cheese which uses Velveeta and a dessert that I had lots growing up but we called it 'that cookies stuff with the whipped cream' but I like what Aunt Lula Mae's calls it.


She calls it Goop.


Now I'm gonna share it with you so grab a piece of paper and a seat because you are going to have to write this one down.


You need all these ingredients.





Got that written down? So you don't forget?

cookies

milk

whipped cream

How much, you ask? Well, that depends, how big of a dish you usin'? How many people you feedin'?

I can say that for my pan I used one container of whipped cream and one package of cookies.




And by the way, experimenting with the cookies is a requirement, so says I.
I love the coconut but growing up we mostly used these-


So what you do is a quick dip of each cookie in the milk and layer them in the pan like so-



Then layer the whipped cream like this-

Then the cookies again. And repeat until you are done repeating and finish with whipped cream on top.

Did you write that down?

layer

repeat

top with cream

Stick in the fridge for a while. However long you can wait.

Then serve in a cute little dessert dish.

Did you write that down?

Serve in cute dish

I topped mine with toasted coconut and at first I felt like it was wrong, wrong, wrong to mess with a good thing. But actually, if it's wrong I don't want to be right because it truly kicked it up a notch and is how I must now eat my Coconut Goop, I decided last night.

Don't let the simplicity of the Goop fool you. It's creamy deliciousness at it's finest and such a fun treat that the kids can make.

And eat.

Did you write that down?

eat

~~~~~~

Movie making, I learned, takes time. In other words, the movie from last night isn't ready to share. But be prepared, Nolan has prepared something exciting. Think CSI Miami.

P.S. Does anyone need a printable version of the recipe?

5 comments:

Mel said...

Yes, please! I love the new blog! Much nicer. Vox - did you hear that? LOL!

Anonymous said...

mmm..a recipe, I miss your recipe blog, is it still there?
cindy

I am LoW said...

For Mel-

Goop

cookies
milk
whipped cream

Dip cookies in milk and layer in pan. Cover with whipped cream. Repeat. Serve in cute dish. Eat.

Print that! ;-)

Cindy- it's still there but I don't add anything to it. I plan to move all the recipes here though. And I will continue to post recipes here as they come up.

aniC said...

i love goop. my favorite is making it with oreo's. mmmmmm!

dar said...

ok, its time to make me some goop