8.18.2021

God's Creatures

 

I got the mail from the mail box and was slowly walking back to the house because I wasn't watching where I was going, I was going through my mail. I heard a very low, strange murmuring behind me and was quite startled to learn I was being followed by chickens.




That was two days ago.

Last night, I was home all by myself and would be for 8 more hours, when I went to use my bathroom and discovered a baby toad

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

howwwwwwwwwww

I was sure wishing my frog picking-up daughter was home. Anyone I could boss around would do, actually.

I put my big pants on. (no, really. because I had to take this thing outside and I was dressed for bed) I, with advice from my husband who was at work, got a hand towel and doubled it over and scooped it up and walked quickly as possible to the front door. As I was opening the door the toad tried to jump.

I screamed. Like from the gut screamed. 

And dropped it. 

But I was able to get it outside, hand towel and all.

For real though, chickens and toads?


No comments: