6.28.2018

Young Women's Camp, ONE MORE TIME!!


How dare I whine about missing out on trek when I was able to attend Young Women's camp. 

What's wrong with me?!

You know, I started this old blog at a very hard time in my life. It wasn't popular to have "unreal" blogs but whatever, I started the blog to count my blessings, not my complaints. It is SO easy for me to list my complaints but so not healthy. So the blog was born for that reason.

So back to counting my blessings.....

A couple of weeks ago I was able to attend YW Camp as the ward camp leader. My time in YW's started as the ward camp leader when my oldest daughter was 12 and going for the first time. After attending camp as a ward camp leader for several years, I was called to be 2nd counselor in stake young women's, after a couple years of that I was called to be the stake young women president, which I did for over 5 years with some of the most AMAZING leaders.  The spiritual growth was wonderful. I loved every bit of it. 

Thankfully, since my release, I was called back and was able to attend one more time as my youngest daughter attended camp for her last time as a young woman. 

That's hard stuff man!!! Growing up! Your children growing up! Ack!!!

It was so amazing though, boy did I let those Laurels lead. I mean, THEY DID CAMP. Make no mistake about it, I preached "let laurels lead" for years and that is definitely in my brain to stay. And I let them! And they did it! And they did it amazingly!!!!!!

What a perfect camp to end my young women's camp career on!

I mean, I am done now, right??

Right?


(I think I am)


No comments: