6.27.2018

FOMO


Today the youth in my stake went to trek. I went to the past two treks but I am no longer in a position at church that requires (blesses?) me to attend such activities. On one hand, woo-hoo, I don't have to go to trek. On the other hand, boo-hoo, I don't get to go to trek!

I was blessed to be able to attend such activities for so long. It is AMAZING to watch your children (and others) experience such an awesome thing. And it IS awesome for the youth. 

My now adult daughter use to ask me all the time if I was excited before an activity, or if I was having so much fun. I think I got too old for that, and it wasn't MY fun, but did I love seeing her excited and having fun and spiritual experiences? Absolutely!!!!

Zoe is my youngest and this is the last trek for this generation of Wright family. I am a bit sad about not being there. The more I think about it the sadder I feel. If I could have just stayed in my calling for just a little bit more, the release would have been easier. 

BUT I am so happy for those that get to go. And so happy for Zoe. 

No comments: