1.07.2010

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes

.
.
I posted this recipe once on a blog I had a long long time ago. A blog (and blog service) that no longer exists. Recently I thought I lost it, I couldn't find it written down anywhere and I couldn't find it on line. Thankfully my ma had it. Thanks ma!
.
But before you run and bake them (and you really should) let me share a little something with you.
.
I once lived in Utah- the greatest snow on Earth. Now I live in Georgia. I haven't seen snow in almost 10 years. I have a child who has never seen real live snow and one that was a baby when we lived there and doesn't remember snow and 3 that remember snow fondly.
.
I can't say I remember it fondly. I remember it being a lot of work (shoveling) and scary (driving in it) and gross (the crunch of walking on it gave me the heebie jeebies) (I have issues with the way things feel) (like cotton balls, I can't stand the feel of cotton balls).
.
But snow once every 10 years, that will surely not be deep and not stick around long would be SOOOOO exciting!!
.
So while some friends are saying, "I moved to Georgia to get away from snow! No snow for me!" I am hoping, praying, and singing Let is Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
.
.
.
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes

8 ounces dark chocolate

2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature

4 eggs

1 cup sugar

3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate

mini marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave until just melted (do not cook, just melt). Set aside until just warm.

2. Cream eggs and sugar together until light and foamy. Add flour and salt and mix. Pour in the chocolate mixture and beat until batter is smooth.

3. Spoon batter into 12 cupcake papers. Sprinkle a scant teaspoon of mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate over each cupcake and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove cupcakes from oven. They will be very moist inside.

4. Place several marshmallows on each cupcake. Put cupcakes under broiler just until marshmallows are toasted. Keep a close eye!
.
.

1 comment:

aniC said...

Oh how I wish I could just reach into the computer and pull out that hot chocolate cupcake! Just opening your blog page and seeing it there made my mouth water. You're so mean!