11.10.2009

Treasure Hunting


.
.

I would like to consider myself a treasure hunter.

.

I love to cook and bake and candy make but probably more than that, I love to treasure hunt. I get a real itch for it often and just can't get my mind off it until I scratch.

.

My form of treasure hunting is thrift stores. I love a good antique store but the treasure has already been found (and not by me) and is usually over priced.

.

Thrift stores are where it's at.

.

So recently I got the urge for some treasure hunting and went to my local spot that's..... okay. While browsing I spotted a set of 3 plates. I am a sucker for dishes. But these were more than just dishes, they were like.... art. Literally, these plates were adorned with a scene that could have been on a canvas. A cute scene at that.

.

In my head I just imagined someone making a trip to Italy and buying these plates and having no idea the treasure they had on their hands and getting rid of them because something new came along.

.

And in my head these plates had a home on my walls.

.

And in my head...... all sorts of romantic stuff.

.

I was so excited I was taking pictures with my phone and sending them to like-minded friends who oohed and ahhed with me.













When I arrived home I looked at the back of the plates (for the 100th time) and suddenly I saw a T.J. Maxx sticker.

.

?!

.

.

I treasure hunt at T.J. Maxx sometimes too.

.

I am not against T.J. Maxx.

.

But....... every romantic idea about those plates were ruined!

.

And now I don't want them anymore.

.

My ma always said I was a fickle one.

.

So..... any takers? Seriously? Cause I don't want them anymore.

.

Warning: if a taker lives in another state and I will have to send the plates, it make be a little slow. I am allergic to post offices. But I will send them.
*****
Update: This beautiful black cat, standing at 3 feet tall, was found today at my local thrift store. I won't be tiring of this one though, no matter where she comes from. Oh how I wish I had her before Halloween. No fun to find such a find and have to put her in the attic already.

.

Back to the plates, first one to ask for them get them.

5 comments:

Sister Black said...

well, they're still seriously cute! and how do you know there are no tj maxx stores in italy? i think they're adorable!

I am LoW said...

They are made in Italy.

But still.

So.... do you want them?

Anjeny said...

I want them...don't know what to do with them yet, but oh the possibilities!! Can I have them? Pls...or are they spoken for?


{Gosh, I do sound a like beggar} :(

I am LoW said...

Anjeny- they are yours!! :) And I am begging you to take them off my hands. :) Email me your address..... but remember, I am allergic to post offices. I will send them to you.... I really will...just not so sure how soon. :)

Sister Black said...

i'll gladly give THAT cat a home ( : HE'S ADORABLE!!!