10.13.2008

Mark My Words

Zoe is going to be a professional inventor one day, mark my words.
She's always creating things, like yesterday, she sat in my room creating this-
This... with it's upper and lower case letters.
I remember once when she was 4 or 5 she wanted an empty 12 pack soda box to make a garbage can for her bedroom. She stood it up and put a grocery bag inside. She cut the top so it would open and she taped a piece of colored paper the shape of a pedal at the bottom. She was SO disappointed when she stepped on the pedal and the lid didn't open.
This lock, as she called it, for the center? You should have seen her fussing over the lock. It couldn't just lay on her invention, it had to have dimension to it, it had to be something to grab hold of. She folded and puckered and pinched and fussed over it to get it just so.


Unlike the paper pedal that didn't work years before, this lock did exactly what she'd hoped.

She's about the cutest little inventor I've ever seen.

Don't ya' say?

4 comments:

Sister Black said...

i hope i live to see her invent something world-changing...and then i can tell those "school people" HAHA!

dar said...

that is awesome, keep on going zoe!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Yes, she is! I love it! Reminds me of my daughter at that age. I think I'll go write a post about her (since her birthday is coming up).

HaYn Mama said...

That is just way too cute.
I'm so glad you found me. I had so much fun reading your blogs on vox and I'm so happy that you moved to blogger.

I'll be adding you to my faves.