10.15.2008

Click Here

Must..... Still...... Use..... Pictures.....
It'll just take a little more effort on your part.
You'll just have to click on the word 'here' to see them.
Yesterday evening, Naomi hurried outside right before dark to get one last bit of outside play before time was up for the day.
Her favorite spot to play is all around and in our mountain stream that we've been blessed to have in our backyard.
Some people call is a ditch, but whatever.
The mountain stream is only that lush after a storm. On this day is was a small trickle of a stream.
I was in the laundry room when I heard a knock, it was the door from the garage to the house and I looked and it wasn't locked. Odd. I opened it and saw something incredibly similar to this.
Except in this picture she is half laughing and half crying. Laughing because she thought it was funny and crying because she thought she was in trouble.
Yesterday she was just crying because she was hurt and scared.
She had been playing on something her dad made for her. On the tree that is to the left of this picture, up near the fence-
He tied a piece of wood to a rope that they could hold onto and swing up and over the mountain stream to the other side of the tree and while she was doing that the rope snapped. She was covered in mud and in scrapes and bruises. She has mud coming out of her ears and nose and I had to help her get it out of her hair, we worked and worked and the suds were so brown and muddy.
While I was helping her clean up she said, "I'm surprised you didn't want to take a picture of me covered in mud."
And I said, "Well, you were hurt, I was too worried about you."
Do you think if my computer was still working, I would have gotten that picture taken, hurt or not hurt?
I do.........

4 comments:

Mel said...

Wah! Poor Naomi. Why of course you would have gotten a quick picture if the computer was working. How silly of her to question that!?!?!?! LOL! Glad she is ok.

Halloween Party. On Halloween. 7 girls. Trick-or-treating and then some sort of food and more fun.

Help.

Help.

Gary - get that computer fixed or replaced!!!! Are you taking donations yet?

HaYn Mama said...

That is just so sad. And I totally would have taken a pic. . .hurt or not. . . computer or not. Moments like that are just priceless.

By the way . . . tag your it. I figured you could have fun with this tag. . . no pics required. Check out my 8 tag post.

dar said...

I'm glad she's ok, although another muddy pic of her would have been great... even if delayed to get on here

Anonymous said...

great ditch.haha Poor Namoi, hope she heals quick. cindy