9.30.2008

How to Surprise a Tamalamadingdong

Have a friend invite the Birthday girl to celebrate the day with something fun- "just between the two of them."



Have everyone sneak to your house while she's gone.



Have the friend bring her back to the house to "pick something up".
(or was it to pick someone up? as in me?)




Yell "Surprise!" upon entry!



That's what happened 10 + years ago, and I have some not so good and yet very good pictures to prove it.

(coolest group of friends I've ever had!)




Here is the part where my memory gets fuzzy.

We did something to her belly.... I remember a piece of bread was involved... a match or a candle... a cup... and in the end she had a perfect circular belly bruise.

I don't remember how she was suckered into it or why it was so hilarious. But she was and it was.

Sometimes we call her Tam or Tamara because Tamalamadingdong is such a mouth full.

Happy Birthday Tamara!!!

My sister, 17 months my junior, we've shared bedrooms and clothes and makeup and friends and boyfriends (yuck!) and laughter and tears. You aren't only my sister but also my friend.

Hope it's a good day!

P.S. Hey Tam, Do you even read my blog?

P.S.S. Didn't that party rock?

P.S.S.S. Don't I rock for throwing you one?

P.S.S.S.S. How are you going to answer these questions if you never read my blog?

P.S.S.S.S.S. If you read my blog, will you please comment so's I knows it?

P.S.S.S.S.S.S. How exactly did they put a bruise on your belly? Do you remember? I remember bread and a cup and was it a candle??

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Don't you comment on wittle baby sister Anitra's blog?

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. What's up with that?!

10 comments:

aniC said...

i bet your current friends my find your comment about the pictured group of friends being the best group ever a bit offensive.

and just fyi...it's been FOOOOOREEEEVVVVEEERR since tamara has made a comment on my blog. but seriously, you gotta get over people loving me more than you.

I am LoW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I am LoW said...

No way, I said the coolest GROUP of friends, I don't have a current group.

I refuse to get over it, I will keep mentioning it and hoping they'll stop out of guilt, if nothing else.

dar said...

what??? you shared boyfriends? so were you a boyfriend stealing sister then???!!!??!!?!?!?!

I am LoW said...

Heavens no. It was more like she dated them after I did.

Funny Farmer said...

I just love getting wild and crazy with good friends - hilarity is balm to my soul!

Thanks for your comment on my blog! And I agree - how rude that your ode to your sister has apparently gone unnoticed by the object of your attention!

I am LoW said...

Lisa- thanks! And yes, rude. RUDE!

(hear that Tam?!?!)

Oy vey.

Tamara said...

LoW LoW LoW....that was totally AWESOME. It brought me back 10 years(where did they go?) THANKS YOUS SOO MUCH!

-yes, i read your blog.
-it totally ROCKED!
-yes, you ROCK
-now that you have the same blogger i do read your blog
yes, i am commenting like right now.
-all the components sucked my gut right up into the cup and thats what left the nice circular bruise.
-not often at all
-i will have no excuse to not leave a comment not often at all now that you have a blogging site that is easy to respond to.

Thanks LoW for blogging about me. I like it when you blog about me(when its not embarrasing)it makes me feel as special as your widdle baby sister.

Cup-a-Jello's said...

I'm a little late. . . about 11 days or so and it seems Tamara already commented but I must say you did a great job for her birthday blog!!! Way to be a good sister.
Tamara's BFF Mindy

I am LoW said...

Why thank you Mindy!! :)