12.03.2010

I Wonder.....

.

Once upon a time I was a young mother with a growing family. I was putting babies in baby seats in a two door car. I was dreaming of having a mom vehicle. I actually wanted a van. I didn't mind if my vehicle said MOM, for I was one, and I was proud.

.

Finally I did get a van. An eight passenger, no less. Babies in carseats? No problem. It fit my family with ease. I could even pick up my kids friends. My vehicle said MOM, and I was happy.

.

Today I am still happy to be mom. But I am no longer happy having a huge van. I am tired of backing that bad boy and it's large back end up. I am tired of big. Swagger wagon?

Puh-leez. Oxymoron.

.

I am ready for a small zippy car. Something like a Punch Buggy. Did I say Punch Buggy? I meant, a Volkswagon Beetle.

.

Yeah.... something like that.

.

When and how exactly I hit a wall about driving a large van, I do not know. But I have.

.

So I wonder..... I've always thought that when all the kids are grown and gone, will I want to keep my house or maybe get a bigger one? One that would fit my children and my children's children for special occasions? Would I want plenty of room for grandchildren to stay the summer with me?

.

Or will I hit a wall there too, and downsize. Like REALLY downsize, like in this video?

Because think about how easy one of those houses would be to clean?

.

And maybe Gary and I could do the visiting instead of it being the other way around. I mean, in some ways, the idea is really heavenly.

.

.By theBy the way, the answers to the quiz I posted yesterday-

.

A is Naomi

B is Zoe

and that leaves Rae for C.

.

No comments: