10.15.2010

Snail Mailin'

.
.
This morning Zoe skated down to the mailbox....


.
To send a letter to a friend the old fashioned way.
.
.
This started a couple of months ago when Rae started snail-mailing a new AZ friend she met over the summer while she was here visiting family. Then Naomi and Zoe expressed to me that they would like to start writing letters to a friend but they were afraid Rae would be upset with them for copying her. I let them know that Rae didn't invent letter writing and to write away! Then I had to teach them how to address an enevelope. Don't they teach that in school anymore?
.
Snail Mail.... it is a lost art.
.
.

3 comments:

dar said...

here they show them once in like the second grade, but still... later in my high school kids lives, then didn't know how to address a letter. sad :o(

Sister Black said...

It's getting to be an EXPENSIVE hobby!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my gosh, it is a lost art. Do you remember when I met that 20 year old who didn't even know where the stamp went on the envelope and who had never stepped foot in the post office before.

I LOVE SNAIL MAIL.

You and I would have been awesome pen pals when we were youngins.