10.04.2010

Birthday-licious


.

.



Today (and for another hour and a half) is my sweet Naomi's birthday.

.

Of course this day causes me to remember when Naomi was a baby. I was confused at how I could of given birth to such a blondie. There was something about her that made me wonder how she could have come from my body. I would rock her in the rocking chair and just stare at her little face and have deep thoughts like- really? and seriously?

.

A few things I will never forget about her birth- I had the flu when I had her. I was running a fever and coughing and they gave me a mask to wear after she was born. (I didn't wear it and she didn't get sick) She was delivered by a midwife and that experience rocked. Even though I had a midwife I caved and got an epidural (I blame the flu) and it only took on one half of my body. It wasn't half the pain. I chewed gum the whole time I labored and delivered and the midwife got a kick out of that. And lastly, we didn't have a name for her until she was 2 days old. Finally Gary just opened up a baby name book and said, "How about Naomi?" and I replied, "Fine. Naomi it is."
.
(I wanted Romy)
.
It seems like just the other day that I was chewing gum while suffering from the flu and labor and trying to come up with a name and now Naomi's got an mp3 player for her 12th birthday.

.

I just don't get how time does that.

.

No really......

.

Seriously.

.

.

1 comment:

dar said...

wow, the big 1 2... can't believe it.
happy b-day nomi