7.21.2010

I'm Sorry, or more like "I'm Sorry"

.
.
"There is nothing to eeeeeeeeeat!" exclaimed my mature 18 year old son Nolan, in a very 3 year old whiny voice.
.
"I'm sorry," was all I could come back with.
.
"No you aren't," said Nolan. He was on to me.
.
"You are right, I'm not sorry," I said. I couldn't deny it.
.
I mean, I would be sorry, if there truly wasn't anything to eat, but there was plenty of food in the house, just not the food he wanted.
.
"Why do people say they are sorry when they aren't really sorry? What's with that? There should be another word for that, another word for "I am not really sorry, but....."
.
I said, "Like, stinks to be you?"
.
"Nah, that's not it," said Nolan.
.
"Too bad, suckaaaaaaa'?" I tried again.
.
"No."
.
"Flarple!" Rae decided to join the conversation.
.
"Flarple......." said Nolan.
.
The next day Nolan returned from the gym right before dinner. When he came to the table he announced that one of his protein bars were missing. He went around the room blaming people and then settled on Rae and wouldn't let it go. Silly accusation, Rae would never be tempted to take a protein bar. Rae turned it around, "I think you ate it and forgot. I think.... Nolan... that you stole your own protein bar."
.
Nolan said, "No way, that's stupid."
.
"Flarple, but I think you did," said Rae.
.
.
.
p.s. Flarple, if you think this is a lame post.

1 comment:

Sister Black said...

I've thunk and thunk...and I just don't think I can come up with a rejoinder for this conundrum!