3.04.2010

Another Big Day

.
.
Happy Anniversary to my honey!
.
My sister Darla is grossed out by this picture (as you may be).
.
But it's my all time favorite of us. It represents.
.
Sadly, I don't have the usual nostalgic feeling on this anniversary. I'm usually petering out by now anyways, after my birthday, Valentine's, Rae's birthday and then Zoe's. (see why I don't much care for Valentine's? It's just one more thing...) But this year with it being a big birthday for me (40! gasp!) and Rae (16! gasp-er!) plus Wes getting his 'independix' removed (that's what Zoe said)..... I am just too pooped to think on our marriage like I usually do, where we've been........ where we are going.
.
(except I will be thinking of where we are going to dinner tonight!)
.
Maybe I should go back and read our love story.
.
I hope Gary writes me a poem today. That's our tradition and it's my most favorite thing EVER!
.
But I love this man. And he loves me. Even though.
.
I ask him almost daily... (yes, I am one of those wifes)
.
"Do you love me?"
.
"Yes"
.
"Even though?"
.
"Even though."
.
Even though what, you ask?
.
Heck if I know, depends on the day. Even though I made Hamburger Helper for dinner. Even though I got snarky. Even though I am getting crinkly and wrinkly. Even though I've done and will yet do some stupid stuff. Even though, even though, even though.
.
I would like to close this post with some pictures of the birthday gift I found for my birthday girl that I was most excited to give her.
.
A vintage Fisher Price School House which, I am SO excited to report, she loves!

.
Zoe doesn't play with toys much, like my other kids did. Maybe she just didn't have the right ones.




Rae took this picture of Zoe through the school house window.

.

Today closes our almost month long celebration of birthday's and love.

.

And I could use the break!
.

.

3 comments:

Mamafamilias said...

I am SO, SO jealous of the school house. Wherever did you find it? She's a good kid to appreciate that kind of a gift. Love it. Happy Birthday to everyone. (How's Wes?)

dar said...

happy anniversary you two

The Crash Test Dummy said...

awwwww, that was sweet. I guess there is such thing as too much lub. Especially when the indepenex comes out in between the lub fest.

Happy 40th! And so on . . .

Even though!