12.21.2009

In Mourning

.
.

I've been asked a few times how Naomi took the loss of her adopted pet.
.
My answer would be- I reckon she took it as any little girl would.
.
When I told her, she sobbed in my arms for a while. Then she went to find something, quite frantically. When she found what she was looking for she brought it to me, tears still streaming down her face.
.
It was a book she made about Skip called As Much as I Love Ice Cream.
.
(you do know how much she loves ice cream, right?)


























Such a sweet book I'll have to put up for her to remember her pet by.

.
I also caught her making little clay memorials.



My sweet Naomi. It's so sad to see her mourn.
.
Wish I could say Santa could bring her a new one but I (selfishly) can't bring myself to say that.
.
I am sure Santa coming is just enough to lift her spirits anyways.







1 comment:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhhhhhh, poor thing!! How she loved that little guy! I hope she's doing okay!